Mayawati govt crossing limits of brutality: BJP
Allahabad: BJP national vice-president
Kalraj Mishra on Wednesday accused the Mayawati government of
"crossing limits of brutality" by initiating police action on
students demanding restoration of their unions.
"After terrorising farmers and lawyers, police has now
lathi charged the students holding peaceful protest demanding
restoration of student unions. The government has crossed
limits of brutality," Mishra said during his Jan Swabhiman
Yatra in Uttar Pradesh.
He alleged that the BSP government was attempting to crush
people demonstrating in a democratic manner to raise their
problems and demands.
The BJP leader alleged that law and order has hit rock
bottom in the state where harassment of Dalits was on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Attacks racist but have belief in Indian govt: African envoy
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat