Mayawati govt crossing limits of brutality: BJP
Allahabad: BJP national vice-president
Kalraj Mishra on Wednesday accused the Mayawati government of
"crossing limits of brutality" by initiating police action on
students demanding restoration of their unions.
"After terrorising farmers and lawyers, police has now
lathi charged the students holding peaceful protest demanding
restoration of student unions. The government has crossed
limits of brutality," Mishra said during his Jan Swabhiman
Yatra in Uttar Pradesh.
He alleged that the BSP government was attempting to crush
people demonstrating in a democratic manner to raise their
problems and demands.
The BJP leader alleged that law and order has hit rock
bottom in the state where harassment of Dalits was on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok