Mayawati govt giving prime land to capitalists, says SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Saturday charged the
Uttar Pradesh government with giving away prime land to
capitalists in the name of setting up power projects and
taking hefty sums from them in return.
"A drama is presently going on in the state in the name of
signing MoUs with business houses for setting up power
projects for which prime land and other facilities are being
provided to them," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said in a
He alleged that in return the government was taking hefty
sums from the business houses.
Besides, the government is trying to befool the people of
the state by making false promises of ensuring massive power
generation by 2014-15 through these new projects, he said.
Referring to the scheme of power generation in sugar
mills, he said it was initiated by the then Mulayam Singh
Yadav government and added that it was nothing new as sought
to be projected by the Mayawati government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader