Mayawati govt is govt of criminals: Congress
Moradabad: Congress has criticised the
Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh for allegedly misusing
grants from the Central government and blamed it for rising
crime and corruption in the state.
Addressing a public meeting here last night during the
Congress` Sandesh Yatra, senior leaders Digvijay Singh and
Shri Prakash Jaiswal said the ruling BSP government is a
government of criminals.
"We are visiting rural and backward areas and
demonstrating the negative aspects of the BSP government in
the state. The response is very positive," Singh said.
He said the state government is responsible for rising
crime and corruption in the state and accused it of misusing
grants from the Central government.
On why the Congress failed to form a government in Uttar
Pradesh in the last two decades, Singh said there was "lack of
interaction" due to which people of the state were unaware of
Jaiswal said: "We are meeting those tortured by the
Mayawati government and are assuring them that Congress is
alive and there is no need to be afraid. People are satisfied
and the result of the 2012 State Assembly elections will prove
Congress MP from Moradabad Mohammad Azharuddin spoke
about the programmes and achievements of the Sandesh Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Rio Olympics: Police train dogs to sniff out terror threat at biggest sporting extravaganza
- Photo alert! Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor spotted on the streets of London
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films
- RoBoHon -World's first robot smartphone goes on sale in Japan (Watch video)!