Mayawati govt is govt of criminals: Congress
Moradabad: Congress has criticised the
Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh for allegedly misusing
grants from the Central government and blamed it for rising
crime and corruption in the state.
Addressing a public meeting here last night during the
Congress` Sandesh Yatra, senior leaders Digvijay Singh and
Shri Prakash Jaiswal said the ruling BSP government is a
government of criminals.
"We are visiting rural and backward areas and
demonstrating the negative aspects of the BSP government in
the state. The response is very positive," Singh said.
He said the state government is responsible for rising
crime and corruption in the state and accused it of misusing
grants from the Central government.
On why the Congress failed to form a government in Uttar
Pradesh in the last two decades, Singh said there was "lack of
interaction" due to which people of the state were unaware of
Jaiswal said: "We are meeting those tortured by the
Mayawati government and are assuring them that Congress is
alive and there is no need to be afraid. People are satisfied
and the result of the 2012 State Assembly elections will prove
Congress MP from Moradabad Mohammad Azharuddin spoke
about the programmes and achievements of the Sandesh Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll