Mayawati launches poll campaign in Delhi, BSP to fight all seats
New Delhi: With assembly polls in Delhi round the corner, BSP chief Mayawati on Friday sought to woo people who migrated from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to the national capital alleging that they have always been given step motherly treatment by both Congress and BJP.
Launching the party`s poll campaign in Delhi, the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister declared that the BSP would contest all the 70 seats and would have no truck with any party.
Addressing a party workers meeting here, she announced a week-long programme of dharna and demonstrations against the policies of the Sheila Dikshit government.
Mayawati`s remarks wooing those who migrated from UP and Bihar is significant given the fact that demographic profile of Delhi has undergone a drastic change in recent years with people from the two states forming a sizable number of the population.
She said her party would announce the list of candidates in the next 10-12 days.
"There will be no tie-up for the Delhi Assembly election. Our party will field candidates in all the 70 seats. We will announce the candidates` list in the next 10-12 days," Mayawati said.
Her party had contested the previous assembly elections in Delhi.
BSP leader Ram Achal Rajbhar has already been appointed party in-charge of poll-bound Delhi. He is also party in-charge in Uttarakhand. Delhi will go to Assembly elections by the year-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH