Mayawati meets Governor, seeks President`s rule in UP
Lucknow: Claiming that there was constitutional crisis in Uttar Pradesh due to poor law and order, BSP supremo Mayawati on Friday met Governor B L Joshi and asked him to recommend President`s rule in the state.
"In the present SP government, there is a situation of constitutional crisis in UP due to poor law and order. In such a situation, President`s rule should be recommended," Mayawati said in a memorandum to Governor Joshi here at Raj Bhawan.
"The incidents of dacoity, kidnapping, atrocities on women is on the rise in the state. Instead of giving justice to victims, the police are not even registering an FIR. The constitutional institutions are forced to settle political vendetta and used to fulfil political aspirations", the memorandum said.
The government in a bid to save itself is blaming officers and harassing them. The officials are also not able to work in free and fair manner, Mayawati alleged, adding that it has led to disappointment.
The SP government has turned a blind eye towards criminal acts of ministers and SP workers, she said alleging that posts of state ministers are being sold and a probe should be launched into it.
Posts of different commissions like backward, SC/ST, women were kept vacant for over a year to deprive people to approach them for justice, she said.
"Maximum number of people in the state cabinet and those given status of state ministers have criminal record and they are still continuing their activities due to which constitutional crisis arise in UP", she alleged.
"People of a particular caste are being given prime postings. The incidents of communal clashes have increased to apathy of the government", she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi