Mayawati misleading Muslims, says Opposition
Lucknow: Opposition Congress, SP and BJP
on Sunday dismissed BSP`s rally as "government sponsored show" and
charged Chief Minister Mayawati with misleading Muslims and
doing nothing considerable for them.
The reaction of the two parties came hours after the BSP
supremo addressed an election rally where she said that 27 per
cent OBC quota should be increased by making constitutional
amendment to include backward Muslims in it.
"The BSP is befooling people as it did nothing for the
welfare of common man. It is misusing official machinery to
show party`s ahead of assembly polls," state Congress chief
Rita Bahugauna Joshi said.
She said the BSP is afraid of the increasing mass base of
Congress after Rahul Gandhi`s campaign.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury too termed the rally as
BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said Mayawati has lost
confidence of people "as she did nothing for their welfare
during her tenure, which is going to end soon."
He said BJP had presented details of companies allegedly
owned by Mayawati`s brothers and instead of giving
clarifications, she had diverted the issue.
"Mayawati government is neck deep in corruption and people
of the state understand this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends