Mayawati misleading Muslims, says Opposition
Lucknow: Opposition Congress, SP and BJP
on Sunday dismissed BSP`s rally as "government sponsored show" and
charged Chief Minister Mayawati with misleading Muslims and
doing nothing considerable for them.
The reaction of the two parties came hours after the BSP
supremo addressed an election rally where she said that 27 per
cent OBC quota should be increased by making constitutional
amendment to include backward Muslims in it.
"The BSP is befooling people as it did nothing for the
welfare of common man. It is misusing official machinery to
show party`s ahead of assembly polls," state Congress chief
Rita Bahugauna Joshi said.
She said the BSP is afraid of the increasing mass base of
Congress after Rahul Gandhi`s campaign.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury too termed the rally as
BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said Mayawati has lost
confidence of people "as she did nothing for their welfare
during her tenure, which is going to end soon."
He said BJP had presented details of companies allegedly
owned by Mayawati`s brothers and instead of giving
clarifications, she had diverted the issue.
"Mayawati government is neck deep in corruption and people
of the state understand this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido
- Car bomb kills 11, wounds 18 in Shaab Shi'ite district of Baghdad: Police
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD