Mayawati misleading Muslims, says Opposition
Lucknow: Opposition Congress, SP and BJP
on Sunday dismissed BSP`s rally as "government sponsored show" and
charged Chief Minister Mayawati with misleading Muslims and
doing nothing considerable for them.
The reaction of the two parties came hours after the BSP
supremo addressed an election rally where she said that 27 per
cent OBC quota should be increased by making constitutional
amendment to include backward Muslims in it.
"The BSP is befooling people as it did nothing for the
welfare of common man. It is misusing official machinery to
show party`s ahead of assembly polls," state Congress chief
Rita Bahugauna Joshi said.
She said the BSP is afraid of the increasing mass base of
Congress after Rahul Gandhi`s campaign.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury too termed the rally as
BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said Mayawati has lost
confidence of people "as she did nothing for their welfare
during her tenure, which is going to end soon."
He said BJP had presented details of companies allegedly
owned by Mayawati`s brothers and instead of giving
clarifications, she had diverted the issue.
"Mayawati government is neck deep in corruption and people
of the state understand this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy