Mayawati mum on Gates visit, blames Congress for migration
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Thursday refused to make any comment on recent visit of
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates with Rahul Gandhi to rural areas
of the state but blamed the Congress for neglecting people
welfare during nearly four decades of its rule.
"I will not speak on the issue," Mayawati told reporters
in reply to a question whether by bringing Gates, the Centre
is trying to sell poverty in rural UP.
Mayawati asked the Congress to look at the records of its
38 long years when it was at the helm of affairs both in the
state and Centre.
"They should see for themselves as to how people from
Uttar Pradesh had migrated to developed cities like Mumbai and
Delhi in search of jobs...The maximum migration from the state
had taken place in these 38 years because the Congress
government gave no importance to programmes for the welfare of
the sarv samaj and problems of poverty and unemployment," the
BSP supremo said.
The UP CM said migrants have faced "step-motherly"
treatment by the Congress-led government in those state and
claimed that under the BSP government, people were feeling
"good and cheerful".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31