Mayawati mum on Gates visit, blames Congress for migration
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Thursday refused to make any comment on recent visit of
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates with Rahul Gandhi to rural areas
of the state but blamed the Congress for neglecting people
welfare during nearly four decades of its rule.
"I will not speak on the issue," Mayawati told reporters
in reply to a question whether by bringing Gates, the Centre
is trying to sell poverty in rural UP.
Mayawati asked the Congress to look at the records of its
38 long years when it was at the helm of affairs both in the
state and Centre.
"They should see for themselves as to how people from
Uttar Pradesh had migrated to developed cities like Mumbai and
Delhi in search of jobs...The maximum migration from the state
had taken place in these 38 years because the Congress
government gave no importance to programmes for the welfare of
the sarv samaj and problems of poverty and unemployment," the
BSP supremo said.
The UP CM said migrants have faced "step-motherly"
treatment by the Congress-led government in those state and
claimed that under the BSP government, people were feeling
"good and cheerful".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried