Mayawati offers sops to lawyers
Lucknow: Offering sops to government
counsels in the state, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Sunday announced a hike in their retainership fee, besides
increasing their other allowances.
"Fees of government counsels at the district level is
being doubled by the state government and their exisiting
allowances including drafting fees, library and typing
allowances are also being increased," Mayawati said while
addressing a convention of lawyers here.
She said that retainership fee of district government
counsels has been hiked to Rs 6000 from Rs 3000 and their fee
for appearence has been increased to Rs 1100 per working day
from Rs 550 per working day.
Similarly, retainership fee of assistant/special
counsels has been increased to Rs 4,800 from Rs 2,400 and
their appearence allowance has been hiked to Rs 1000 per
working day from Rs 500.
Mayawati said that fees and appearence allowance of
deputy counsels has also been hiked to Rs 3,600 and Rs 850
She said that as per the decision taken by the
government, nominated counsel or Nyaya Mitra would get Rs 1000
per working day instead of Rs 500.
"An order to this effect has been issued by the state
government," she said.
She said that the government cousels should ensure
dedicated implementation of free legal aid scheme for BPL card
holders and beneficiaries of Gareeb Arthik Madad Yojna
announced on the anniversary of Dr BR ambedkar on April 14.
Mayawati said that the government had already
announced that it will give Rs 60 crore the board of trustees
for welfare of lawyers in the state and Rs 700 crore for
construction of new building of the Lucknow bench of Allahabad
Speaking on the occasion chairman of UP State Advisory
Council Satish Chandra Mishra assured the CM that lawyers
would make honest effort for implementation of free legal aid
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly