Mayawati only one who knows how to rule: Bukhari
Etawah: Showering encomiums on Mayawati, Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid Maulana Ahmed Bukhari, who has parted ways with the Samajwadi Party, says if anyone knows how to rule in this country, it is only the BSP supremo.
Addressing a rally in SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s native place here last night, Bukhari said Mayawati`s regime was better than the present Akhilesh Yadav-led SP government in Uttar Pradesh.
He alleged the state government was cheating Muslims who were feeling insecure under the current dispensation.
"In this country if anyone knows how to rule, it is only Mayawati. We hope the manner in which she had uplifted dalits, she will also improve the lot of Muslims," Bukhari said.
Mulayam`s dream of becoming the Prime Minister would never be realised, said the cleric, who recently announced he would work against the SP.
Due to "resentment" among Muslims against the party, the SP would be reduced to 20 seats in the upcoming Loka Sabha election, he said.
"Akhilesh and SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav have mortgaged their party to the BJP," Bukhari said.
He said during nearly one year`s of SP rule, as many as 113 incidents of communal violece had taken place in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand