Mayawati only one who knows how to rule: Bukhari
Etawah: Showering encomiums on Mayawati, Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid Maulana Ahmed Bukhari, who has parted ways with the Samajwadi Party, says if anyone knows how to rule in this country, it is only the BSP supremo.
Addressing a rally in SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s native place here last night, Bukhari said Mayawati`s regime was better than the present Akhilesh Yadav-led SP government in Uttar Pradesh.
He alleged the state government was cheating Muslims who were feeling insecure under the current dispensation.
"In this country if anyone knows how to rule, it is only Mayawati. We hope the manner in which she had uplifted dalits, she will also improve the lot of Muslims," Bukhari said.
Mulayam`s dream of becoming the Prime Minister would never be realised, said the cleric, who recently announced he would work against the SP.
Due to "resentment" among Muslims against the party, the SP would be reduced to 20 seats in the upcoming Loka Sabha election, he said.
"Akhilesh and SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav have mortgaged their party to the BJP," Bukhari said.
He said during nearly one year`s of SP rule, as many as 113 incidents of communal violece had taken place in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended