Mayawati orders FIR against UP Congress chief
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Friday got both state Congress president Rita Bahuguna Joshi and a Congress lawmaker booked for "interference in government work" for taking Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi to see an under-construction bridge that collapsed in Banda district.
Joshi and MLA Vivek Singh had taken Rahul Gandhi to a place in Banda district where a small bridge under construction over a rivulet caved in on Thursday, allegedly on account of use of sub-standard material.
"We have got a FIR lodged against both Joshi and Singh because they obstructed the construction of the bridge by taking Rahul Gandhi there on Wednesday," said an official spokesman here.
"The two Congress leaders also exposed Rahul Gandhi to the hazard of getting injured in case the bridge had collapsed while he was there," he pointed out.
"We have reason to believe that the bridge gave way because someone tinkered with the shuttering and scaffolding put up for building the bridge," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore