Mayawati orders FIR against UP Congress chief
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Friday got both state Congress president Rita Bahuguna Joshi and a Congress lawmaker booked for "interference in government work" for taking Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi to see an under-construction bridge that collapsed in Banda district.
Joshi and MLA Vivek Singh had taken Rahul Gandhi to a place in Banda district where a small bridge under construction over a rivulet caved in on Thursday, allegedly on account of use of sub-standard material.
"We have got a FIR lodged against both Joshi and Singh because they obstructed the construction of the bridge by taking Rahul Gandhi there on Wednesday," said an official spokesman here.
"The two Congress leaders also exposed Rahul Gandhi to the hazard of getting injured in case the bridge had collapsed while he was there," he pointed out.
"We have reason to believe that the bridge gave way because someone tinkered with the shuttering and scaffolding put up for building the bridge," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat