Mayawati orders special drive to issue farming leases
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Thursday directed Divisional Commissioners and District
Magistrates to launch a special drive to issue farming leases
to eligible candidates.
"Encroachers should be removed from lease land
immediately and eligible poor should be identified by the end
of this month," Mayawati said at a high-level meeting here.
Regular review of lease should be done and stern
action taken against musclemen grabbing such land, she said.
Directing the officials to physically verify various
development and public welfare programmes, the Chief Minister
warned that laxity at any level would not be tolerated.
She also asked the officials to complete the survey
for selection of beneficiaries under Mahamaya Gareeb Arthik
Madad Yojna by month end.
She ordered immediate replacement of defective
transformers and improvement in power supply in both urban and
Directing the officials to ensure availability of
medicines in hospitals, she said that stocks of medicines
should also be verified.
Mayawati said availability to seed and fertliser
should be ensured in kharif season so that problems were not
being faced by the farmers.
She asked the district magistrates to fix new circle
rates by June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...