Mayawati pulls up officials on sudden inspection in Lucknow
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Sunday pulled up officials of the Lucknow district administration as she chose to suddenly return from her tour of the districts well before schedule to undertake an inspection of various public services in the state capital.
The chief minister had covered almost each of the state`s 70 districts since Feb 1st when she took off on her whirlwind tour, covering two or three districts every day.
On Sunday, she however cut short her tour of Bulandshahr, Budaun and Rampur to fly back to Lucknow around 5.30 pm. But a few hours earlier, officials had got a whiff about her sudden plan to take a round of various establishments in the capital and the entire staff at the local tehsil was on their toes when she drove down straight from the helipad to the office.
Mayawati detected several loopholes and expressed her displeasure with the general state of affairs at the office. She reprimanded Divisional Commissioner Prashant Trivedi and told him to ensure improvement in the overall working of the office.
Her next destination was Balrampur Hospital in the neighbourhood where she spent about 20 minutes visiting wards and talking to patients. She pulled up the hospital director after noticing some cobwebs on the ceiling of one of the wards and ordered for installation of a lift in the ward wing of the 600-bed hospital.
The chief minister next visited the busy Qaiser Bagh police station, where she flipped through the crime diary and pointed out some discrepancies. Policemen were in a tizzy as she took a quick round of the entire area telling them to pull up their socks.
From the police station, she went to yet another hospital, the 350-bed Shyama Prasad Mukherjee hospital which caters to a chunk of the downtown population. After a quick round of the wards, the chief minister headed for the more recently-built 395-bed Lohia hospital in another part of the city.
According to Lohia hospital director R.S.Dube, the chief minister was "quite satisfied with our cleanliness as well as patient care". "She talked to several patients , who expressed their full satisfaction with the treatment they were receiving here", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception