Mayawati reviews development works
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday directed Divisional Commissioners and District
Magistrates to hold weekly meetings to review projects related
to development of basic amenities.
At a high-level meeting here, she took a serious view
of "poor quality" of roads constructed in Varanasi.
The Chief Minister directed stern action against the
guilty persons, officials said.
Directing a high-level technical examination of the
completed work, she said if any shortcoming in quality was
detected, action should be taken against concerned officials.
Mayawati reviewed various development works including
construction of bridges and roads in Varanasi, Allahabad,
Ayodhya and Faizabad and issued necessary directives to the
Earlier, State Advisory Council chairman Satish
Chandra Mishra informed her about various development projects
being executed in Allahabad, Faizabad and Ayodhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon