Mayawati should resign over Maharajganj incident: BJP
Lucknow: Terming yesterday`s Maharajganj
incident, in which ten people were charred to death, as an
indicator of the prevailing "jungleraj" in the state, BJP
on Saturday demanded Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s
"Maharajganj incident where a village head was shot
dead and later 10 people were burned alive during violent
protest in Digahi village yesterday is a blot on the state
government and has proved that jungleraj and rule of terror
prevails in the state," BJP UP unit president Surya Pratap
Shahi told reporters here.
Referring to torching of a man during a police raid in
Fatehpur district and murder of three members of a family in
Jaunpur, Shahi alleged that the government has failed in
fulfilling its constitutional responsibilities.
"Hence the BJP demands resignation from Chief Minister
Mayawati. If she does not tender her resignation then the
Centre should dismiss the government," he said.
The BJP president said that the party would not sit mum
and launch a massive agitation against the government soon.
Shahi said fact finding committees of the party would
visit such places and examine the situation after which
strategy of the agitation would be chalked out.
Agitated over the murder of village head Dina Nath Singh
in Digahi village, irate mob torched the house of two accused
Ayodhya Dubey and Dwarika Dubey, leading to the death of 10
persons, including five children.
Shahi alleged that the manner in which the state
government was attempting to crush the agitations of
opposition parties seemed like it has left behind the
brutality of British rule.
He claimed that recently DIG Lucknow D K Thakur crushed
people under his boot during an agitation.
"Though pictures and news were published, no action has
been taken against the officer, which indicates that police
has gone out of bound under the patronship of the government,"
"We demand the Centre to sort out the demand of Jats
and given them reservation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof