Mayawati suspends two cops, transfers two after murder of five
Lucknow: Taking serious note of the murder
of five members of a family in Saharanpur on Friday, Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati transferred two senior district police
officials and suspended two others with immediate effect.
Saharanpur SSP V K Dohre and SP Pramod Kumar Singh have
been transferred while Deputy SP Mukul Dwivedi and SHO Omveer
Singh Sirohi of the concerned police station suspended, an
official release issued here said.
Directing Principal Secretary Home and DGP law and order
Brijlal to visit the crime spot tomorrow, the Chief Minister
has directed for stern action and immediate arrest of the
guilty persons, the release said.
Mayawati also warned that no laxity by officials would be
tolerated on the law and order front, which she said was the
top priority of her government.
Five members of a family, including two children, were
allegedly killed in Saharanpur district today.
Ramesh Sehgal, Pradip Sehgal, Preeti Sehgal, Basu and
Krishna were found murdered in their New Bhagat Singh colony
residence in the city this morning, police said.
All the deceased had injury marks on their heads and the
household belongings were also found scattered, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India