Mayawati suspends two cops, transfers two after murder of five
Lucknow: Taking serious note of the murder
of five members of a family in Saharanpur on Friday, Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati transferred two senior district police
officials and suspended two others with immediate effect.
Saharanpur SSP V K Dohre and SP Pramod Kumar Singh have
been transferred while Deputy SP Mukul Dwivedi and SHO Omveer
Singh Sirohi of the concerned police station suspended, an
official release issued here said.
Directing Principal Secretary Home and DGP law and order
Brijlal to visit the crime spot tomorrow, the Chief Minister
has directed for stern action and immediate arrest of the
guilty persons, the release said.
Mayawati also warned that no laxity by officials would be
tolerated on the law and order front, which she said was the
top priority of her government.
Five members of a family, including two children, were
allegedly killed in Saharanpur district today.
Ramesh Sehgal, Pradip Sehgal, Preeti Sehgal, Basu and
Krishna were found murdered in their New Bhagat Singh colony
residence in the city this morning, police said.
All the deceased had injury marks on their heads and the
household belongings were also found scattered, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes
- Turkey backtracks on `IS child bomber` claims