Mayawati suspends two cops, transfers two after murder of five
Lucknow: Taking serious note of the murder
of five members of a family in Saharanpur on Friday, Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati transferred two senior district police
officials and suspended two others with immediate effect.
Saharanpur SSP V K Dohre and SP Pramod Kumar Singh have
been transferred while Deputy SP Mukul Dwivedi and SHO Omveer
Singh Sirohi of the concerned police station suspended, an
official release issued here said.
Directing Principal Secretary Home and DGP law and order
Brijlal to visit the crime spot tomorrow, the Chief Minister
has directed for stern action and immediate arrest of the
guilty persons, the release said.
Mayawati also warned that no laxity by officials would be
tolerated on the law and order front, which she said was the
top priority of her government.
Five members of a family, including two children, were
allegedly killed in Saharanpur district today.
Ramesh Sehgal, Pradip Sehgal, Preeti Sehgal, Basu and
Krishna were found murdered in their New Bhagat Singh colony
residence in the city this morning, police said.
All the deceased had injury marks on their heads and the
household belongings were also found scattered, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'