Mayawati to conduct surprise inspection of development work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday set a deadline for state officials to bring
qualitative improvement in development works and law and order
situation after which she would start surprise inspections.
Addressing senior officials at a meeting, Mayawati said
she was giving two months time for further improving law and
order situation and also give a momentum to development works
by maintaining quality.
"From February 1, 2011 surprise inspections of all the 72
districts to check the ground reality of the law and order and
development works would be started," Mayawati said, adding
during these tours she would directly inspect the areas and
would take feedback from the common people.
Warning that laxity in these works would not be tolerated,
the Chief Minister said that all those officials found lacking
would be given some time to improve or else they would be
transferred to unimportant post.
She said that for effectively improving law and order
situation, the principal home secretary, DGP and the ADG law
and order are being allocated separate areas of the state.
The Chief Minister asked the officials, specially of
Faizabad and Ayodhya, to remain alert in view of the Babri
mosque demolition anniversary on December 6 and lauded the
state police for maintaining law and order after pronouncement
of the Ayodhya verdict and during panchayat elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter