Mayawati to conduct surprise inspection of development work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday set a deadline for state officials to bring
qualitative improvement in development works and law and order
situation after which she would start surprise inspections.
Addressing senior officials at a meeting, Mayawati said
she was giving two months time for further improving law and
order situation and also give a momentum to development works
by maintaining quality.
"From February 1, 2011 surprise inspections of all the 72
districts to check the ground reality of the law and order and
development works would be started," Mayawati said, adding
during these tours she would directly inspect the areas and
would take feedback from the common people.
Warning that laxity in these works would not be tolerated,
the Chief Minister said that all those officials found lacking
would be given some time to improve or else they would be
transferred to unimportant post.
She said that for effectively improving law and order
situation, the principal home secretary, DGP and the ADG law
and order are being allocated separate areas of the state.
The Chief Minister asked the officials, specially of
Faizabad and Ayodhya, to remain alert in view of the Babri
mosque demolition anniversary on December 6 and lauded the
state police for maintaining law and order after pronouncement
of the Ayodhya verdict and during panchayat elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended