Mayawati to conduct surprise inspection of development work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday set a deadline for state officials to bring
qualitative improvement in development works and law and order
situation after which she would start surprise inspections.
Addressing senior officials at a meeting, Mayawati said
she was giving two months time for further improving law and
order situation and also give a momentum to development works
by maintaining quality.
"From February 1, 2011 surprise inspections of all the 72
districts to check the ground reality of the law and order and
development works would be started," Mayawati said, adding
during these tours she would directly inspect the areas and
would take feedback from the common people.
Warning that laxity in these works would not be tolerated,
the Chief Minister said that all those officials found lacking
would be given some time to improve or else they would be
transferred to unimportant post.
She said that for effectively improving law and order
situation, the principal home secretary, DGP and the ADG law
and order are being allocated separate areas of the state.
The Chief Minister asked the officials, specially of
Faizabad and Ayodhya, to remain alert in view of the Babri
mosque demolition anniversary on December 6 and lauded the
state police for maintaining law and order after pronouncement
of the Ayodhya verdict and during panchayat elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars