Mayawati to conduct surprise inspection of development work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday set a deadline for state officials to bring
qualitative improvement in development works and law and order
situation after which she would start surprise inspections.
Addressing senior officials at a meeting, Mayawati said
she was giving two months time for further improving law and
order situation and also give a momentum to development works
by maintaining quality.
"From February 1, 2011 surprise inspections of all the 72
districts to check the ground reality of the law and order and
development works would be started," Mayawati said, adding
during these tours she would directly inspect the areas and
would take feedback from the common people.
Warning that laxity in these works would not be tolerated,
the Chief Minister said that all those officials found lacking
would be given some time to improve or else they would be
transferred to unimportant post.
She said that for effectively improving law and order
situation, the principal home secretary, DGP and the ADG law
and order are being allocated separate areas of the state.
The Chief Minister asked the officials, specially of
Faizabad and Ayodhya, to remain alert in view of the Babri
mosque demolition anniversary on December 6 and lauded the
state police for maintaining law and order after pronouncement
of the Ayodhya verdict and during panchayat elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know