Mayawati to launch new schemes on birthday
Lucknow: With Uttar Pradesh Assembly
elections scheduled to be held next year, Chief Minister and
BSP supremo Mayawati is expected to launch a number of
development schemes for the poor on her 55th birthday on
"The Chief Minister will inaugurate and launch a host
of schemes and development projects on her birthday. Besides,
different government departments have also geared up to launch
new schemes for the people on that day," a party official said.
Mayawati, who is popular for her extravagant birthday
celebrations, is likely to announce free houses to
beneficiaries of the Mukhyamantri Mahamaya Garib Arthik Madad
Yojna, which was launched on her birthday last year.
The houses will be constructed in the third phase of
the Kanshiram Garib Awas Yojna, state housing department
The department has already completed the ground work
including district-wise survey to identify the possible
beneficiaries, they said.
Under the Mahamaya Garib Arthik Madad Yojna announced
by Mayawati last year, about 31 lakh urban poor are getting
financial assistance of Rs 300 per month, sources said.
The CM is also expected to gift mobile medical units
to people living in the remote areas of Banda, Chitrakoot,
Hamirpur, Mahoba, Jalaun, Jhansi, Lalitpur, Sonbhadra, Ballia,
Mirzapur, Chandauli, Ghazipur, Kushinagar, Deoria and Mau.
"The mobile medical units service will be launched in
remote areas of 15 districts where health facilities are
almost negligible, like naxal affected areas, and the scheme
will be funded under National Rural Health Mission covering
132 blocks in these districts," the sources said.
Mayawati is also likely to launch the second phase of
the Software Technology Park in Lucknow, besides a project for
renovation of Hazratganj, the city`s 200-year-old market.
The ambitious project launched by the chairman of
state advisory council Satish Chandra Mishra in September last
year includes complete renovation of the area including
conservation of old buildings.
On the occasion of the Chief Minister`s birthday,
Lucknow Development Authority is all set to launch half a
dozen new housing schemes in the city, sources said.
"The authority will start bookings for more than 2,000
flats in its different housing schemes on January 15," a
Among new projects to be inaugurated by Mayawati are
an auditorium constructed by Rajkiya Nirman Nigam at Ram
Manohar Lohia National University (RMLNLU), which is proposed
to be named after Bhim Rao Ambedkar, he said.
"The auditorium, spread over an area of around 1,200
square metres, will have a seating capacity of 3,100,
including two halls having a capacity of 2,800 people and
another with 300 seats," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India