Mayawati to launch new schemes on birthday
Lucknow: With Uttar Pradesh Assembly
elections scheduled to be held next year, Chief Minister and
BSP supremo Mayawati is expected to launch a number of
development schemes for the poor on her 55th birthday on
"The Chief Minister will inaugurate and launch a host
of schemes and development projects on her birthday. Besides,
different government departments have also geared up to launch
new schemes for the people on that day," a party official said.
Mayawati, who is popular for her extravagant birthday
celebrations, is likely to announce free houses to
beneficiaries of the Mukhyamantri Mahamaya Garib Arthik Madad
Yojna, which was launched on her birthday last year.
The houses will be constructed in the third phase of
the Kanshiram Garib Awas Yojna, state housing department
The department has already completed the ground work
including district-wise survey to identify the possible
beneficiaries, they said.
Under the Mahamaya Garib Arthik Madad Yojna announced
by Mayawati last year, about 31 lakh urban poor are getting
financial assistance of Rs 300 per month, sources said.
The CM is also expected to gift mobile medical units
to people living in the remote areas of Banda, Chitrakoot,
Hamirpur, Mahoba, Jalaun, Jhansi, Lalitpur, Sonbhadra, Ballia,
Mirzapur, Chandauli, Ghazipur, Kushinagar, Deoria and Mau.
"The mobile medical units service will be launched in
remote areas of 15 districts where health facilities are
almost negligible, like naxal affected areas, and the scheme
will be funded under National Rural Health Mission covering
132 blocks in these districts," the sources said.
Mayawati is also likely to launch the second phase of
the Software Technology Park in Lucknow, besides a project for
renovation of Hazratganj, the city`s 200-year-old market.
The ambitious project launched by the chairman of
state advisory council Satish Chandra Mishra in September last
year includes complete renovation of the area including
conservation of old buildings.
On the occasion of the Chief Minister`s birthday,
Lucknow Development Authority is all set to launch half a
dozen new housing schemes in the city, sources said.
"The authority will start bookings for more than 2,000
flats in its different housing schemes on January 15," a
Among new projects to be inaugurated by Mayawati are
an auditorium constructed by Rajkiya Nirman Nigam at Ram
Manohar Lohia National University (RMLNLU), which is proposed
to be named after Bhim Rao Ambedkar, he said.
"The auditorium, spread over an area of around 1,200
square metres, will have a seating capacity of 3,100,
including two halls having a capacity of 2,800 people and
another with 300 seats," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur