Mayawati to punish officials who delay projects
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of cost
escalation due to delay in implementation of various projects,
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Monday warned that
officials responsible for this would be taken to task.
"Delay in execution of projects not only creates an
additional financial burden on the state government, but also
the people do not get timely advantage of the scheme,"
Mayawati said during a high-level review meeting here.
"If major projects related to infrastructure are not
completed on time or there is cost escalation due to laxity of
any officer or executing agency, their accountability would be
fixed," she warned.
Mayawati directed weekly review of the progress of
schemes related to various departments and said that projects,
on which 80 per cent work is over, should be completed on
She said the department heads should pursue early
release of funds by the Central government, so that
Centre-sponsored schemes are implemented speedily.
Mayawati also directed the senior officers to conduct
spot verification of developmental projects and submit their
report to the government.
She said that a scheme prepared to double the income
of farmers should be implemented immediately and adequate
loans should be ensured to them.
The CM said that quality of projects being implemented
to check floods should be maintained.
Reviewing health schemes, she said services should be
started in buildings of community and primary health centres,
where construction work had been completed.
On disbursement of scholarships and pensions, Mayawati
said interest should be charged from the banks, if they fail
to transfer the amount in the accounts of the beneficiaries on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report