Mayawati unhappy over encroachment on SC, ST land
Lucknow: Taking a strong view on
encroachment of land allotted to members of scheduled castes
and tribes on pattas, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati
on Saturday directed officials to initiate immediate steps to ensure
possession of land to the genuine people.
An official release quoting the chief minister here
said the directives have been issued to all the district
magistrates to ensure that illegal occupants be evicted from
the agricultural and housing land allotted to members of the
scheduled castes and tribes on pattas.
The chief minister has also asked the respective
divisional commissioners to keep an eye on the related issues
and warned that action would be taken on those found lacking
in this work.
The chief minister has also asked for taking action
against illegal occupants under the relevant laws.
During the current financial year, 5596 people
belonging to the SC and ST have been allotted 1054.879
1054.879 hectares of agriculture land, the release said
adding till May 2010, 8369 people have been allotted 88.426
hectares housing land.
In a drive launched to remove illegal occupants from
agricultural land, 74 FIRs have been filed and 88 people
arrested, while four FIRs were lodged and 11 people arrested
for illegal possession of housing land, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'