Mayawati yet to spell party`s strategy on FDI vote
New Delhi: BSP leader Mayawati today refused to spell her party`s strategy on the issue of FDI, saying it will be "disclosed on the floor of the House."
"It (debate on FDI) has been admitted in Lok Sabha. Speaker has taken the decision. It is under Rule 184 in Lok Sabha. In Rajya Sabha, the presiding officer has to decide on it. So under which rule it will be decided, we will disclose our strategy on the floor of the House only."
Pressed further on the issue, she said, "We will disclose it on the House. House is functioning."
On direct cash transfer policy announced by the government, she said, "If the scheme is implemented with honesty then people will benefit. But if the decision remains on paper only, then it will not be of any benefit to people."
Asked whether it is a policy to influence voters, she said, "Ask the question to the government."
LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan supported the cash transfer policy, saying it will benefit poor people. "It is a good policy and will benefit people. If anybody opposes it, I do not understand why. Even if it is done during the time of election then so be it. After all it is a good decision."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love