Mayawati’s every naya paisa accounted for: Mishra
New Delhi: A Senior BSP leader and Mayawati’s lawyer Satish Chandra Mishra termed the Supreme Court verdict quashing the FIR against Mayawati in the disproportionate assets case as historic, while vouching for complete transparency the financial dealings of his party supremo.
A visibly happy Mishra walked out of the apex court to the waiting media person and said,”It is a historic verdict. The apex court has held the FIR was illegal. The CBI exceeded jurisdiction. We have got justice after 9 years. Everybody said she (Mayawati) had indulged in corruption, they have all got the response.”
“The SC verdict vindicates our stand, for what we have been fighting for. In this case it has been proved that CBI is used for political gains. CBI was first used by the then BJP government at the Centre and the case was pursued by the present government at the Centre….every single naya paisa in Mayawatiji’s account is accounted for,” he stressed.
The CBI had claimed that it has "ample evidence" to show that Mayawati had amassed wealth disproportionate to her known sources of income. However, she had dismissed the allegation by claiming that she had only received the money as donations from party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly