Mayawati’s every naya paisa accounted for: Mishra
New Delhi: A Senior BSP leader and Mayawati’s lawyer Satish Chandra Mishra termed the Supreme Court verdict quashing the FIR against Mayawati in the disproportionate assets case as historic, while vouching for complete transparency the financial dealings of his party supremo.
A visibly happy Mishra walked out of the apex court to the waiting media person and said,”It is a historic verdict. The apex court has held the FIR was illegal. The CBI exceeded jurisdiction. We have got justice after 9 years. Everybody said she (Mayawati) had indulged in corruption, they have all got the response.”
“The SC verdict vindicates our stand, for what we have been fighting for. In this case it has been proved that CBI is used for political gains. CBI was first used by the then BJP government at the Centre and the case was pursued by the present government at the Centre….every single naya paisa in Mayawatiji’s account is accounted for,” he stressed.
The CBI had claimed that it has "ample evidence" to show that Mayawati had amassed wealth disproportionate to her known sources of income. However, she had dismissed the allegation by claiming that she had only received the money as donations from party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blast at Trinamool victory rally in West Bengal, nine injured
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner