Mayawati`s remarks on WikiLeaks arrogant: BJP
Lucknow: Terming Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati as "arrogant" for her "derogatory" statements
slamming the WikiLeaks report about her, BJP on Tuesday said the
remarks were indicative of her frustration.
"Whatever has been stated by her on the leaked cables on
herself and her government is an arrogant stand taken by the
chief minister facing corruption charges and it shows her
frustration," BJP national vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
He said instead of clarifying her stand on the expose,
Mayawati went on to use "derogatory language" and this proved
that her days were numbered.
According to the WikiLeaks report, Mayawati was obsessed
with security and she had once dispatched a plane to get her
favourite sandals from Mumbai.
Earlier in the day, the Chief Minister had alleged that
the WikiLeaks owner was either playing in the hands of her
political opponents or had gone "mad".
"I would request the government of his country to send
him to a mental asylum and if they have no place for him in
his country we can put him in our Agra mental hospital," she
had told reporters here.
On Mayawati`s remarks that Cabinet Secretary Shahshak
Shekhar Singh and party national general secretary Satish
Chandra Mishra, whose names find mention in the cables, will
now be given more importance, Naqvi said, "The things
(favouritism issue) which were so far being discussed by the
people have been made more precise by her."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP