MBA student among 4 held in dacoity case
Ghaziabad: Four students, one of them
pursuing MBA, have been arrested in connection with a dacoity
in the house of a local oil trader, police said today.
The four, also including an engineering student, were
allegedly involved in the dacoity in the house of Suresh Kumar
Sharma, 50, in posh Sona Enclave three weeks ago. Cash and
valuables estimated to be around Rs 3 lakh were looted from
According to SP (Rural) M M Beg, the youths were arrested
with the help of a mobile phone that they had snatched away
from Sharma`s wife.
"The phone was tracked when one of them used it for
talking to his girl friend," the officer said.
Deepak (21), Rahul (24) Vinay (22) and Satender (20) are
all locals hailing from upper middle class families. Two of
them are pursuing graduation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption