MBBS student death: Pilot to meet Moradabad officials on July 26
New Delhi: Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot will meet top administrative and police officials of Moradabad on July 26 to ask them to expedite the probe into the mysterious death of an MBBS student at a private college in the district earlier this month.
The Congress leader decided to visit Moradabad after a meeting here today with about 100-150 representatives of the Gujjar community, to which the deceased girl belonged.
Pilot said he would meet the district magistrate as well as the head of the police at Moradabad on July 26 and ask them to take immediate action in the case.
On July 18, the Minister had written to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, requesting him to intervene and ensure a fair probe into the mysterious death of the student.
"The college management termed it as an accidental death, but the post mortem report found that the girl was strangulated. A named FIR has been lodged into the case. It is necessary that a fair and transparent probe is carried out in this case," Pilot had said in his letter.
"Media reports have also suggested a dubious role of college authorities in the girl`s death. Following public outrage, I request you to intervene in this case and instruct the concerned officials to arrest the accused," it said.
Neeraj Bhadana, an MBBS first year student hailing from Faridabad in Haryana, was found dead in the college premises on July 6. The college management termed it as an accidental death, saying the girl was sitting on the railing of the fifth floor and suddenly fell down.
The post-mortem report, however, found that the girl was strangulated to death and there was no fracture on the body. There has been a huge public outcry and a number of protests over the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?