MBBS student death: Pilot to meet Moradabad officials on July 26
New Delhi: Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot will meet top administrative and police officials of Moradabad on July 26 to ask them to expedite the probe into the mysterious death of an MBBS student at a private college in the district earlier this month.
The Congress leader decided to visit Moradabad after a meeting here today with about 100-150 representatives of the Gujjar community, to which the deceased girl belonged.
Pilot said he would meet the district magistrate as well as the head of the police at Moradabad on July 26 and ask them to take immediate action in the case.
On July 18, the Minister had written to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, requesting him to intervene and ensure a fair probe into the mysterious death of the student.
"The college management termed it as an accidental death, but the post mortem report found that the girl was strangulated. A named FIR has been lodged into the case. It is necessary that a fair and transparent probe is carried out in this case," Pilot had said in his letter.
"Media reports have also suggested a dubious role of college authorities in the girl`s death. Following public outrage, I request you to intervene in this case and instruct the concerned officials to arrest the accused," it said.
Neeraj Bhadana, an MBBS first year student hailing from Faridabad in Haryana, was found dead in the college premises on July 6. The college management termed it as an accidental death, saying the girl was sitting on the railing of the fifth floor and suddenly fell down.
The post-mortem report, however, found that the girl was strangulated to death and there was no fracture on the body. There has been a huge public outcry and a number of protests over the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured