MBBS student death: Pilot to meet Moradabad officials on July 26
New Delhi: Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot will meet top administrative and police officials of Moradabad on July 26 to ask them to expedite the probe into the mysterious death of an MBBS student at a private college in the district earlier this month.
The Congress leader decided to visit Moradabad after a meeting here today with about 100-150 representatives of the Gujjar community, to which the deceased girl belonged.
Pilot said he would meet the district magistrate as well as the head of the police at Moradabad on July 26 and ask them to take immediate action in the case.
On July 18, the Minister had written to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, requesting him to intervene and ensure a fair probe into the mysterious death of the student.
"The college management termed it as an accidental death, but the post mortem report found that the girl was strangulated. A named FIR has been lodged into the case. It is necessary that a fair and transparent probe is carried out in this case," Pilot had said in his letter.
"Media reports have also suggested a dubious role of college authorities in the girl`s death. Following public outrage, I request you to intervene in this case and instruct the concerned officials to arrest the accused," it said.
Neeraj Bhadana, an MBBS first year student hailing from Faridabad in Haryana, was found dead in the college premises on July 6. The college management termed it as an accidental death, saying the girl was sitting on the railing of the fifth floor and suddenly fell down.
The post-mortem report, however, found that the girl was strangulated to death and there was no fracture on the body. There has been a huge public outcry and a number of protests over the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors