MBBS student death: Pilot to meet Moradabad officials on July 26
New Delhi: Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot will meet top administrative and police officials of Moradabad on July 26 to ask them to expedite the probe into the mysterious death of an MBBS student at a private college in the district earlier this month.
The Congress leader decided to visit Moradabad after a meeting here today with about 100-150 representatives of the Gujjar community, to which the deceased girl belonged.
Pilot said he would meet the district magistrate as well as the head of the police at Moradabad on July 26 and ask them to take immediate action in the case.
On July 18, the Minister had written to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, requesting him to intervene and ensure a fair probe into the mysterious death of the student.
"The college management termed it as an accidental death, but the post mortem report found that the girl was strangulated. A named FIR has been lodged into the case. It is necessary that a fair and transparent probe is carried out in this case," Pilot had said in his letter.
"Media reports have also suggested a dubious role of college authorities in the girl`s death. Following public outrage, I request you to intervene in this case and instruct the concerned officials to arrest the accused," it said.
Neeraj Bhadana, an MBBS first year student hailing from Faridabad in Haryana, was found dead in the college premises on July 6. The college management termed it as an accidental death, saying the girl was sitting on the railing of the fifth floor and suddenly fell down.
The post-mortem report, however, found that the girl was strangulated to death and there was no fracture on the body. There has been a huge public outcry and a number of protests over the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened