MBBS student`s death: Pilot writes to UP CM
New Delhi: Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot Thursday shot off a letter to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, requesting him to intervene and ensure a fair probe into the mysterious death of an MBBS student at a private college in Moradabad.
"The college management termed it as an accidental death, but the post mortem report found that the girl was strangulated. A named FIR has been lodged into the case. It is necessary that a fair and transparent probe is carried out in this case," the letter said.
"Media reports have also suggested a dubious role of college authorities in the girl`s death. Following public outrage, I request you to intervene in this case and instruct the concerned officials to arrest the accused," it said.
Pilot wrote the letter after he received a memorandum from the girl`s father Ramkishore Bhadana alleging police apathy in the case.
Neeraj Bhadana, an MBBS first year student hailing from Faridabad in Haryana, was found dead in the college premises on July 6. The college management termed it as an accidental death, saying the girl was sitting on the railing of the fifth floor and suddenly she fell down.
The postmortem report, however, found that the girl was strangulated to death and there was no fracture on the body.
There has been a huge public outcry and number of protests over the case. Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) under Arvind Kejriwal even staged a protest in front of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s official residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days