`Media responsible for panic after Kumbh stampede’
Sambhal: Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan, who resigned as in-charge of Kumbh mela, has blamed the news channels for creating panic in the aftermath of the stampede.
"The death of two persons after falling in drain was run as breaking news by channels saying that deaths took place due to stampede in Kumbh..Due to this news, people started moving to the railway station following which pressure increased there," Khan told reporters here last night.
As there was no proper arrangement of announcement system at the station, confusion prevailed there, he said.
Khan further said that he was ready to resign as a minister, too, if laxity of any of the departments he is heading comes to the fore.
"I have no interest in continuing as minister if responsibility of departments I am looking comes to the fore", he added.
Cabinet Minister Mohammad Azam Khan had yesterday resigned as the in-charge of Kumbh Mela in which 36 people were killed in stampede.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown