Media sees only negatives of Samajwadi government: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Upset over criticism for organising Safai Mahotsava, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said his government has been running various social welfare schemes also which were not highlighted by the media as much.
"We Samajwadis are ahead in doing development work, but poor in highlighting them...Now, is the time of management..We have to learn some management...They (media) only see negative of our government and highlight it...Our good work did not find space for long," Yadav said.
The Chief Minister was speaking at the launch of the Health Department`s 102 Ambulance Service for pregnant women.
"We miss in advertisement of our schemes...No other states have launched schemes like ours...We have distributed so many laptops in one year that no other states could even think of doing in five years," Yadav said.
"Our scheme of Kanya Vidyadhan and works for minority are commendable...We work without discrimination and beneficiaries of our scheme are BJP, Congress and BSP people too," he added.
Lauding the Health Department and it`s minister Ahmad Hasan for launching the ambulance service, Yadav said it would cover only pregnant women and would be available free of cost by dialling 102.
"It will not only drop pregnant women to hospitals, but would also send them back to their homes..It will be available for them and infants for 30 days after delivery," Yadav said.
He said both 108 and 102 ambulance services would generate about 15,000 jobs for the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city