Medical officer accused of forgery sent to judicial custody
Muzaffarnagar: A medical officer accused of forging a medical certificate has been sent to judicial custody by a local court.
According to the prosecution, RS Verma of government district hospital had surrendered before the court and sought interim bail, but his bail plea was rejected and he was sent to judicial custody yesterday.
The Chief Medical Superintendent (CMS) of district hospital had lodged an FIR against the medical officer here in August 2011 for allegedly issuing a medical certificate of fitness on forged counter signature of the CMS.
A case of cheating was registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway