Medical officer killed in Lucknow
Lucknow: A chief medical officer (CMO) was shot dead by unidentified gunmen outside his residence here on Saturday, police said.
VP Singh, CMO (family welfare), was killed in the posh Gomti Nagar area.
"As of now, I can only tell that unidentified gunmen fired several shots at the CMO and managed to escape," police inspector Abhimanyu Dhar Dwivedi told reporters.
"We are yet to establish the motive behind the crime," added Dwivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'