Medical officer killed in Lucknow
Lucknow: A chief medical officer (CMO) was shot dead by unidentified gunmen outside his residence here on Saturday, police said.
VP Singh, CMO (family welfare), was killed in the posh Gomti Nagar area.
"As of now, I can only tell that unidentified gunmen fired several shots at the CMO and managed to escape," police inspector Abhimanyu Dhar Dwivedi told reporters.
"We are yet to establish the motive behind the crime," added Dwivedi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reality check: How will India fare at 2016 Rio Olympics?
- When ‘Unindian’ Brett Lee met Kapil Sharma - See pics
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read