Medical stores shut down in Lucknow
Lucknow: Medical stores and pharmacies here were closed on Friday to protest the central government`s new drug policy.
All wholesaler shops have also joined the one-day token protest, an office bearer of the striking drug association told a news agency. Only drug stores inside the King George`s Medical University will be open for emergency services.
Giriraj Rastogi, president of the Lucknow Chemists Association, told a news agency that they were protesting against the new drug policy, which, among others, requires them to maintain a register listing all sold drugs.
Suresh Gupta, general secretary of the Uttar Pradesh Chemist and Druggist Federation, said it was "nearly impossible" to maintain such records during rush hours, adding that the new policy would end up harassing the chemists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi