Medical stores shut down in Lucknow
Lucknow: Medical stores and pharmacies here were closed on Friday to protest the central government`s new drug policy.
All wholesaler shops have also joined the one-day token protest, an office bearer of the striking drug association told a news agency. Only drug stores inside the King George`s Medical University will be open for emergency services.
Giriraj Rastogi, president of the Lucknow Chemists Association, told a news agency that they were protesting against the new drug policy, which, among others, requires them to maintain a register listing all sold drugs.
Suresh Gupta, general secretary of the Uttar Pradesh Chemist and Druggist Federation, said it was "nearly impossible" to maintain such records during rush hours, adding that the new policy would end up harassing the chemists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'