Medical stores shut down in Lucknow
Lucknow: Medical stores and pharmacies here were closed on Friday to protest the central government`s new drug policy.
All wholesaler shops have also joined the one-day token protest, an office bearer of the striking drug association told a news agency. Only drug stores inside the King George`s Medical University will be open for emergency services.
Giriraj Rastogi, president of the Lucknow Chemists Association, told a news agency that they were protesting against the new drug policy, which, among others, requires them to maintain a register listing all sold drugs.
Suresh Gupta, general secretary of the Uttar Pradesh Chemist and Druggist Federation, said it was "nearly impossible" to maintain such records during rush hours, adding that the new policy would end up harassing the chemists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets