Medical stores shut down in Lucknow
Lucknow: Medical stores and pharmacies here were closed on Friday to protest the central government`s new drug policy.
All wholesaler shops have also joined the one-day token protest, an office bearer of the striking drug association told a news agency. Only drug stores inside the King George`s Medical University will be open for emergency services.
Giriraj Rastogi, president of the Lucknow Chemists Association, told a news agency that they were protesting against the new drug policy, which, among others, requires them to maintain a register listing all sold drugs.
Suresh Gupta, general secretary of the Uttar Pradesh Chemist and Druggist Federation, said it was "nearly impossible" to maintain such records during rush hours, adding that the new policy would end up harassing the chemists.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India