Meerut admin bars private flights from Partapur
Ghaziabad: District administration in Meerut has barred private flights from Partapur airstrip, four days after a Delhi-based businessman was fatally hit there by his light plane while clicking pictures from close range.
"Private flights will not be entertained on Bhim Rao Ambedkar air strip at Partapur," said Vikash Godelwal, District Magistrate Meerut.
The decision was taken after getting an inquiry report of city magistrate Meerut into the death of businessman Yogesh Garg, who ran a consultancy company at New Delhi.
"Now hangers will not be alloted to any private company for training and other regular flights for the time being," Godelwal said.
The DM also ordered to seal the hanger of Pankh Aviation Company and no private flight will be entertained now.
A copy of the report was also sent to ministry of civil aviation in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen