Meerut admin bars private flights from Partapur
Ghaziabad: District administration in Meerut has barred private flights from Partapur airstrip, four days after a Delhi-based businessman was fatally hit there by his light plane while clicking pictures from close range.
"Private flights will not be entertained on Bhim Rao Ambedkar air strip at Partapur," said Vikash Godelwal, District Magistrate Meerut.
The decision was taken after getting an inquiry report of city magistrate Meerut into the death of businessman Yogesh Garg, who ran a consultancy company at New Delhi.
"Now hangers will not be alloted to any private company for training and other regular flights for the time being," Godelwal said.
The DM also ordered to seal the hanger of Pankh Aviation Company and no private flight will be entertained now.
A copy of the report was also sent to ministry of civil aviation in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa