Meerut clashes: Police lathicharge protesters, Mulayam assures action
Lucknow: Taking a strong note of the clash in Meerut, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday alleged that BJP and RSS were trying to orchestrate riots in the state, and assured that strict action will be taken against those responsible.
The former UP chief minister said that those responsible for the clashes will not be spared even if they are part of the administration.
"Whatever happened in Meerut is unfortunate... Strict action will be taken by the government against those trying to vitiate communal atmosphere of the state.
Those (officer) found lax or involved in it will face strict action," Yadav said while addressing function at a college here.
At least 20 people, including security personnel, were today injured and a number of government vehicles damaged in a clash between villagers and police over holding a Mahapanchayat in Khera village in Meerut defying ban orders.
The Mahapanchayat was called by BJP MLA Sangeet Som`s brother Sagar Som against slapping of NSA on the MLA in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Alleging that communal forces are "becoming aggressive again", Yadav said that they will be taken care of by the government as his party always believed in secularism and curbed nefarious designs of such forces.
"The SP government did not give permission for `84 kosi yatra` to maintain law and order and to curb communal forces, which wanted to flare up the situation. BJP and RSS are trying to orchestrate riots in the state. We will firmly deal with them," he said.
On Muzaffarnagar riots, Yadav said that SP government was trying to ensure justice to the victims.
Advocating reservation for Muslims in government jobs, Yadav said that his government would do the needful in this regard and "will ensure that the community gets its right".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj