Meet to discuss law and order, not Bihar poll results: Mayawati
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Monday said relating the routine meeting called by her
to review the law and order situation of the state, with the
results of the recently concluded Bihar Assembly elections,
was mere propaganda launched by the opposition parties.
"It`s the opposition parties propaganda to relate law
and order review meeting called by me on November 27 with
Bihar polls. This is not true," Mayawati told reporters here.
BSP, which had won four seats in the last elections,
failed to win a single seat in Bihar this time.
Mayawati said that BJP-JD(U) return in Bihar was not due
to development but due to "faulty strategy" of Lalu Prasad
Yadav and Ram Vilas Paswan.
Mayawati alleged that not much development and public
interest works were done in Bihar by Nitish Kumar government
and relating his victory with development was not fair.
"It is not fair to say that the BJP-JD(U) alliance got
vote on the basis of issues and not castes and other factors,"
Mayawati said that the "15 year misrule" of Lalu was also
a factor that created a wave in favour Nitish which also
affected BSP at adversely in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks