Meet to discuss law and order, not Bihar poll results: Mayawati
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Monday said relating the routine meeting called by her
to review the law and order situation of the state, with the
results of the recently concluded Bihar Assembly elections,
was mere propaganda launched by the opposition parties.
"It`s the opposition parties propaganda to relate law
and order review meeting called by me on November 27 with
Bihar polls. This is not true," Mayawati told reporters here.
BSP, which had won four seats in the last elections,
failed to win a single seat in Bihar this time.
Mayawati said that BJP-JD(U) return in Bihar was not due
to development but due to "faulty strategy" of Lalu Prasad
Yadav and Ram Vilas Paswan.
Mayawati alleged that not much development and public
interest works were done in Bihar by Nitish Kumar government
and relating his victory with development was not fair.
"It is not fair to say that the BJP-JD(U) alliance got
vote on the basis of issues and not castes and other factors,"
Mayawati said that the "15 year misrule" of Lalu was also
a factor that created a wave in favour Nitish which also
affected BSP at adversely in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?
- Gadkari to meet FM Jaitley today for vehicle scrapping policy
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?