Meet to discuss law and order, not Bihar poll results: Mayawati
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Monday said relating the routine meeting called by her
to review the law and order situation of the state, with the
results of the recently concluded Bihar Assembly elections,
was mere propaganda launched by the opposition parties.
"It`s the opposition parties propaganda to relate law
and order review meeting called by me on November 27 with
Bihar polls. This is not true," Mayawati told reporters here.
BSP, which had won four seats in the last elections,
failed to win a single seat in Bihar this time.
Mayawati said that BJP-JD(U) return in Bihar was not due
to development but due to "faulty strategy" of Lalu Prasad
Yadav and Ram Vilas Paswan.
Mayawati alleged that not much development and public
interest works were done in Bihar by Nitish Kumar government
and relating his victory with development was not fair.
"It is not fair to say that the BJP-JD(U) alliance got
vote on the basis of issues and not castes and other factors,"
Mayawati said that the "15 year misrule" of Lalu was also
a factor that created a wave in favour Nitish which also
affected BSP at adversely in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?