Meeting to be held for border disputes with Bihar: UP Min
Lucknow: Aiming to sort land disputes in districts lying on the state`s border with Bihar, Uttar Pradesh government Thursday said it would convene a high-level meeting of revenue ministers of both the states.
State revenue minister Ambika Chowdhury said he would soon convene a meeting with his Bihar counterpart to resolve incidents of land disputes in districts bordering the state, while replying to a question by BJP member Shyamdeo Roy Chowdhury in the Assembly.
He said at present, district magistrates of bordering districts of UP and Bihar held meetings to mark pillars and sort out land disputes.
Dalveer Singh of RLD also raised the matter of land dispute in districts bordering Haryana.
Chowdhury said the matter was serious and he would meet legislators, whose constituencies were located on border with other states, and take their suggestions to resolve the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends