Mentally deranged man pelted stones on CBI vehicle
Pratapgarh (UP): A mentally deranged person was detained for allegedly pelting stones on the vehicle of CBI probing killing of Deputy Superintendent of Polie Zia-ul-Haq, but was later released, police sources said here.
Stones were pelted on the CBI vehicle late Tuesday night in Manikpur area after which the man was detained and taken to the police station, they said.
The man was later released after he started creating ruckus and a case was lodged against an unidentified person, sources said.
The driver and a personnel were sitting in the vehicle at the time of the incident and no one was injured, they said.
Haq was killed on March 2 in Balipur village in Kunda area during violence in which village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh were killed.
The case is being investigated by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY