Mentally deranged man pelted stones on CBI vehicle
Pratapgarh (UP): A mentally deranged person was detained for allegedly pelting stones on the vehicle of CBI probing killing of Deputy Superintendent of Polie Zia-ul-Haq, but was later released, police sources said here.
Stones were pelted on the CBI vehicle late Tuesday night in Manikpur area after which the man was detained and taken to the police station, they said.
The man was later released after he started creating ruckus and a case was lodged against an unidentified person, sources said.
The driver and a personnel were sitting in the vehicle at the time of the incident and no one was injured, they said.
Haq was killed on March 2 in Balipur village in Kunda area during violence in which village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh were killed.
The case is being investigated by the CBI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference