Mercury drops as heavy rain lash UP
Lucknow: With heavy overnight rain in most parts of Uttar Pradesh, temperature dropped drastically across the state on Friday.
The morning temperature in Lucknow was 2.9 degrees Celsius, heralding the return of the winter chill once again. After a brief break, rain lashed the state capital again in the morning, the Met Office said.
Thursday`s temperature was seven degrees below what is normal for this time of the season -- one of the coldest days in February in the past 18 years. The maximum temperature was 21 degrees Celsius - four degrees below normal, an official said.
Met Office director JP Gupta said rain would occur for the next 48 hours and the cold wave would only abate beginning next week.
Owing to the sudden rain, water-logging was reported from most parts of Lucknow.
Children were, however, spared the ordeal of trudging to schools in the inclement weather as Friday is a public holiday in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie