Metro services hit in Vaishali
New Delhi: Delhi Metro services on the Anand Vihar-Vaishali section were affected on Monday due to maintenance work, an official said.
According to a Delhi Metro official, the frequency of trains between Vaishali and Anand Vihar stations on the Dwarka Sector 21-Vaishali corridor was reduced to 10 to 15 minutes from the normal five minutes.
"The frequency was reduced due to maintenance work in Over-Head Electrification (OHE) between Anand Vihar and Vaishali. The frequency in the morning was 15 minutes and it was brought down to 10 minutes later in the day," the official said.
Services are expected to normalise by Tuesday.
Anupama Chandra, who travels on the corridor regularly, said: "The trains were crowded and we had to wait longer."
However, Delhi Metro officials maintained that feeder bus services are provided between Anand Vihar and Vaishali stations.
They said services on the rest of the line were running as per schedule.
Thousands of commuters were left stranded on New Year day (Sunday) when trains on the busy Dwarka-Noida line were delayed due to a problem in the Over-Head Electrification (OHE).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!