Metro to reach till Noida extension
Noida: Noida and Greater Noida boards have given approval for the extension of metro till Noida extension and setting up metro rail in other parts of Greater Noida on PPP model basis.
Chairman of three authorities Rakesh Bahadur said the boards have given in-principle approval to extend metro from Noida Sector 71, 72 crossing till Noida extension in Greater Noida area and directed preparation of Detailed Project Report for it.
The project cost is estimated at Rs 1,800 crore, and Noida Authority will pay Rs 600 crore while the rest will be paid by Greater Noida Authority, Bahadur said.
Besides this, the board gave approval for metro rail extension in Greater Noida areas on PPP model at an estimated cost of Rs 7,500 crore, he said.
He said Rs 500 crore will be spent for Metro Rail extension from Botanical Garden to Kalndi Kunj, for which work has started from Delhi area.
Total cost of the project is Rs 845 crore out of which Noida authority will pay Rs 492 crore and acquire land worth Rs 65 crore. Total length of this line is 3.96 kilometer, he said.
Noida City Centre Sector 32 to Sector 62 Metro Extension project is in final stages, he said, adding, total length of this line is 6.675 kilometer and project cost Rs 1,816 crore.
Final detailed project report for this was being prepared by DMRC, he said.
He said Rs 150 crore has been earmarked for a district hospital in Noida -- Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar hospital.
For Ganga water supply, Rs 87 crore has been earmarked, he said.
In the year 2012-13 Noida authority has planned to start construction of flyovers and underpasses and upgradation of Sector 50 and 54 sewage treatment plants, he said.
New sewage treatment plants will be set up at Sector 123 and Sector 168. Foot overbridges too have been planned to be developed in the year 2012-13.
The board has given approval for three drain bridges on Shadara drain, he said.
The progress on work of The Greater Noida Night Safari was also reviewed and the concerned officials were asked to complete implementation of the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!
- Vodafone to file prospectus for IPO in August, plans to raise $2.5 billion: Sources