Mild tremors in Uttar Pradesh
New Delhi: An earthquake of light intensity hit parts of western Uttar Pradesh, an official said here Tuesday. No damage of life or property was reported.
"It was a light intensity earthquake. The tremors were recorded at 11.42 p.m. Monday," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
According to the IMD website, the epicentre of the earthquake was at the Baghpat-Meerut border of the state.
The quake measured 3.0 on the Richter scale.
The official said there was no effect of the earthquake in Delhi. "There was no effect of the quake on Delhi as such."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM