`Mini vacation` for Uttar Pradesh government employees
Lucknow: It`s a long, long weekend for the employees of the Uttar Pradesh government. Starting Thursday, it`s a five-day break for the government officials due to various religious festivals.
"Today (Thursday) is Vishvakarma Pooja, then Alvida ki Namaz (last Friday afternoon prayer of Ramzan) falls on Friday. Then there is an off for Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti Saturday, followed by our weekly off on Sunday," said NK Dwivedi, an employee with the state`s fishery department.
This is followed by Eid on Monday.
However, the bank employees have a day less to cheer about. "We are working today (Thursday) but all the nationalized banks will be closed from Friday to Monday," an employee of the State Bank of India said.
Meanwhile, police have made massive security arrangements for Alvida Ki Namaz Friday.
"A huge force, including paramilitary forces, has been deployed to maintain law and order. Patrolling in sensitive areas has started since Wednesday," Alok Pathak, police spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report