`Mini vacation` for Uttar Pradesh government employees
Lucknow: It`s a long, long weekend for the employees of the Uttar Pradesh government. Starting Thursday, it`s a five-day break for the government officials due to various religious festivals.
"Today (Thursday) is Vishvakarma Pooja, then Alvida ki Namaz (last Friday afternoon prayer of Ramzan) falls on Friday. Then there is an off for Maharaja Agrasen Jayanti Saturday, followed by our weekly off on Sunday," said NK Dwivedi, an employee with the state`s fishery department.
This is followed by Eid on Monday.
However, the bank employees have a day less to cheer about. "We are working today (Thursday) but all the nationalized banks will be closed from Friday to Monday," an employee of the State Bank of India said.
Meanwhile, police have made massive security arrangements for Alvida Ki Namaz Friday.
"A huge force, including paramilitary forces, has been deployed to maintain law and order. Patrolling in sensitive areas has started since Wednesday," Alok Pathak, police spokesperson said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra