Minister may kill me: Kushwaha writes to Mayawati
Lucknow: In fresh trouble for the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, senior BSP leader and a former minister in her cabinet Babu Singh Kushwaha has accused Public Works Department Minister Naseemuddin Siddqui of conspiring to kill him.
In a letter to the Chief Minister, Kushwaha alleged that cabinet secretary Shahshank Shekhar Singh and principal secretary home Fateh Bahadur Singh were also involved in the conspiracy as they were jealous of him.
Demanding protection from the alleged threat, Kushwaha also sent the copies of the letter to the Prime minister, CBI and other government agencies.
When contacted, Kushwaha confirmed writing to the Chief Minister but refused to divulge details.
However, BSP state president and Panchayati Raj Minister Swami Prasad Maurya outrightly rejected Kushwaha’s claims and said that no such letter has been received so far.
Kushwaha, once a close confidante of Mayawati and the second in command in the party, was made to resign as a minister when he fell out with the BSP supremo after his name figured in the Rs 5000 crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
It should be noted that Kushwaha is not the first BSP activist to allege threat to life from ministers and government officials.
Party MLA Guddu Pandit, BSP MP from Janpur Dhananjai Singh and DIG of police, fire services, DD Mishra, had also claimed threat from officials and ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced