Minister may kill me: Kushwaha writes to Mayawati
Lucknow: In fresh trouble for the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, senior BSP leader and a former minister in her cabinet Babu Singh Kushwaha has accused Public Works Department Minister Naseemuddin Siddqui of conspiring to kill him.
In a letter to the Chief Minister, Kushwaha alleged that cabinet secretary Shahshank Shekhar Singh and principal secretary home Fateh Bahadur Singh were also involved in the conspiracy as they were jealous of him.
Demanding protection from the alleged threat, Kushwaha also sent the copies of the letter to the Prime minister, CBI and other government agencies.
When contacted, Kushwaha confirmed writing to the Chief Minister but refused to divulge details.
However, BSP state president and Panchayati Raj Minister Swami Prasad Maurya outrightly rejected Kushwaha’s claims and said that no such letter has been received so far.
Kushwaha, once a close confidante of Mayawati and the second in command in the party, was made to resign as a minister when he fell out with the BSP supremo after his name figured in the Rs 5000 crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
It should be noted that Kushwaha is not the first BSP activist to allege threat to life from ministers and government officials.
Party MLA Guddu Pandit, BSP MP from Janpur Dhananjai Singh and DIG of police, fire services, DD Mishra, had also claimed threat from officials and ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?