Minor booked under Goonda Act in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A Class III student of a
nearby village has found himself booked under the stringent
provisions of the Goonda Act thanks to the callousness of the
A case under Goonda Act was yesterday registered in
Jhinjhana police station against Saddam, son of Yakoob, of
Chosana village, police said.
Goonda Act provides for preventive detention for a
period of three months and imposes stringent conditions for
Acting on a challan filed by the police, an Executive
Magistrate yesterday issued a notice against the boy following
which the boy`s father wrote a complaint to District
District Magistrate Santosh Kumar has assured boy`s
father Yakoob of taking action against the guilty and also
ordered an inquiry into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him