Minor burnt alive for resisting harassment
Lucknow: A minor girl, set on fire by two youth for resisting harassment, succumbed to injuries in Lalitpur district, 407 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The girl from Patsamera village was doused in kerosene and set afire on Friday when she resisted the persistent harassment by two local youth.
She sustained 90 percent burns and was admitted to a local medical facility where she recorded her statement against the village youths.
Both the assailants are minors, aged 16 and 17 years. They fled the scene soon after committing the crime. A police official told a news agency that one of them was arrested on Saturday afternoon.
"We hope to nab the other miscreant also and the guilty will be booked as per law," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III