Minor burnt alive for resisting harassment
Lucknow: A minor girl, set on fire by two youth for resisting harassment, succumbed to injuries in Lalitpur district, 407 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The girl from Patsamera village was doused in kerosene and set afire on Friday when she resisted the persistent harassment by two local youth.
She sustained 90 percent burns and was admitted to a local medical facility where she recorded her statement against the village youths.
Both the assailants are minors, aged 16 and 17 years. They fled the scene soon after committing the crime. A police official told a news agency that one of them was arrested on Saturday afternoon.
"We hope to nab the other miscreant also and the guilty will be booked as per law," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok