Minor burnt alive for resisting harassment
Lucknow: A minor girl, set on fire by two youth for resisting harassment, succumbed to injuries in Lalitpur district, 407 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The girl from Patsamera village was doused in kerosene and set afire on Friday when she resisted the persistent harassment by two local youth.
She sustained 90 percent burns and was admitted to a local medical facility where she recorded her statement against the village youths.
Both the assailants are minors, aged 16 and 17 years. They fled the scene soon after committing the crime. A police official told a news agency that one of them was arrested on Saturday afternoon.
"We hope to nab the other miscreant also and the guilty will be booked as per law," the official added.
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?