Minor gang-raped, brother killed in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A minor girl was gang-raped Tuesday in a village in Unnao, 60 km from here, police said. Her brother, who resisted the assailants, was killed.
The incident took place in Alel Kheda village of the Fatehpur Chaurasi area when the girl, a student of class 9th, was going out with her brother on Bhai Dooj festival.
Three youths accosted the girl on the way and tried to drag her inside a house. When the girl raised an alarm, her brother Ranjit rushed to save her. He was beaten to death by the youths and the girl was gang-raped.
The minor was sent for medical examination while Ranjit`s body was sent for autopsy, station officer of Fatehpur Chaurasi, Jamil Ahmad told.
"A case has been registered. Both the victims and the assailants are from the same village and, in fact, from the same locality. We are trying to nab the accused," the official said.
The three accused — Mahendra, Nand Kishore and another youth — are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?