Minor girl burnt alive for resisting rape in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by her neighbour after she resisted his attempt to rape her at Kairana Town in Shamli district.
After setting the girl afire, the 22-year-old accused, Surender Kashyap, also attempted suicide by consuming poison.
Surender last evening went to the girl`s house when she was alone and allegedly tried to rape her, Deputy Superintendent of Police CP Singh said.
When the girl resisted, he doused her with kerosene and set her ablaze, the DSP said. She was rushed to a local hospital with 80 per cent burns, but died during treatment, Singh said.
The youth who had consumed poison after the incident has also been admitted in hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS