Minor girl burnt alive for resisting rape in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by her neighbour after she resisted his attempt to rape her at Kairana Town in Shamli district.
After setting the girl afire, the 22-year-old accused, Surender Kashyap, also attempted suicide by consuming poison.
Surender last evening went to the girl`s house when she was alone and allegedly tried to rape her, Deputy Superintendent of Police CP Singh said.
When the girl resisted, he doused her with kerosene and set her ablaze, the DSP said. She was rushed to a local hospital with 80 per cent burns, but died during treatment, Singh said.
The youth who had consumed poison after the incident has also been admitted in hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months