Minor girl burnt alive for resisting rape in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by her neighbour after she resisted his attempt to rape her at Kairana Town in Shamli district.
After setting the girl afire, the 22-year-old accused, Surender Kashyap, also attempted suicide by consuming poison.
Surender last evening went to the girl`s house when she was alone and allegedly tried to rape her, Deputy Superintendent of Police CP Singh said.
When the girl resisted, he doused her with kerosene and set her ablaze, the DSP said. She was rushed to a local hospital with 80 per cent burns, but died during treatment, Singh said.
The youth who had consumed poison after the incident has also been admitted in hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?