Minor girl burnt alive for resisting rape in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 16-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by her neighbour after she resisted his attempt to rape her at Kairana Town in Shamli district.
After setting the girl afire, the 22-year-old accused, Surender Kashyap, also attempted suicide by consuming poison.
Surender last evening went to the girl`s house when she was alone and allegedly tried to rape her, Deputy Superintendent of Police CP Singh said.
When the girl resisted, he doused her with kerosene and set her ablaze, the DSP said. She was rushed to a local hospital with 80 per cent burns, but died during treatment, Singh said.
The youth who had consumed poison after the incident has also been admitted in hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report