Minor girl gang-raped, two youths arrested
Rampur (UP): A 7-year-old girl was gang-raped allegedly by two youths after they forcibly took her to a field in Koop village of the district.
According to police, the minor had gone to a nearby shop on Wednesday to recharge a mobile phone. She was forced by Santosh and Devesh to the farm land and was raped there.
When she did not return, her family members went to look for her and saw the duo fleeing from the spot, leaving behind the injured girl, Additional Superintendent of Police Sadhna Goswami said on Thursday.
The accused were nabbed last evening after specific inputs.
Expressing anguish over the incident, Lok Sabha MP Jaya Prada said she had spoken with the district collector and district police chief, demanding strict punishment for the accused, financial assistance and security for the victim and her family.
On the number of rape cases in the district, district police chief Priti Inder Singh said as many as 17 such cases were lodged with the police this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India