Minor girl gang-raped, two youths arrested
Rampur (UP): A 7-year-old girl was gang-raped allegedly by two youths after they forcibly took her to a field in Koop village of the district.
According to police, the minor had gone to a nearby shop on Wednesday to recharge a mobile phone. She was forced by Santosh and Devesh to the farm land and was raped there.
When she did not return, her family members went to look for her and saw the duo fleeing from the spot, leaving behind the injured girl, Additional Superintendent of Police Sadhna Goswami said on Thursday.
The accused were nabbed last evening after specific inputs.
Expressing anguish over the incident, Lok Sabha MP Jaya Prada said she had spoken with the district collector and district police chief, demanding strict punishment for the accused, financial assistance and security for the victim and her family.
On the number of rape cases in the district, district police chief Priti Inder Singh said as many as 17 such cases were lodged with the police this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar