Minor girl raped and murdered in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A minor girl was allegedly murdered after being raped by some unidentified men at Khurkan village in Shamli district, police said here on Tuesday.
The body of the girl, who had gone missing on Sunday, was recovered on the outskirts of the village last evening, they said.
A case has been registered in this regard while further probes are on, they added.
In another case, a married woman was allegedly shot dead by her husband and in-laws over dowry, police said.
The victim, identified as Seema, was gunned down by his in-laws yesterday after she had a quarrel with them over dowry, they said.
On the complaint of the victim`s family members, her husband Rahul, father-in-law Ashok and mother-in-law Savita has been arrested by the police.
Further investigations are on into the case, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan