Minor girl raped and murdered in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A minor girl was allegedly murdered after being raped by some unidentified men at Khurkan village in Shamli district, police said here on Tuesday.
The body of the girl, who had gone missing on Sunday, was recovered on the outskirts of the village last evening, they said.
A case has been registered in this regard while further probes are on, they added.
In another case, a married woman was allegedly shot dead by her husband and in-laws over dowry, police said.
The victim, identified as Seema, was gunned down by his in-laws yesterday after she had a quarrel with them over dowry, they said.
On the complaint of the victim`s family members, her husband Rahul, father-in-law Ashok and mother-in-law Savita has been arrested by the police.
Further investigations are on into the case, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon