Minor girl raped by maternal uncle in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 7-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her maternal uncle in Muradnagar area here this afternoon, police said.
The incident occurred when the girl was playing outside her house in Muradnagar colony around 1:30 pm and her maternal uncle and accused, Momeen, asked her to come to his home.
When she refused to go with him, Momeen forcibly took her inside his house and raped her, police said.
Up on hearing the victim`s cries the neighbours rushed to the accused`s house, they said.
According to the police, Momeen is a history-sheeter and was recently released from jail after serving a two-year punishment in one of the cases against him.
The girl was rushed to a government hospital here, from where she was referred to Lok Nayak Hospital in Delhi.
Her condition is stated to be serious.
Police has initiated a probe to nab Momeen, who is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!