Minor girl raped by maternal uncle in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 7-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her maternal uncle in Muradnagar area here this afternoon, police said.
The incident occurred when the girl was playing outside her house in Muradnagar colony around 1:30 pm and her maternal uncle and accused, Momeen, asked her to come to his home.
When she refused to go with him, Momeen forcibly took her inside his house and raped her, police said.
Up on hearing the victim`s cries the neighbours rushed to the accused`s house, they said.
According to the police, Momeen is a history-sheeter and was recently released from jail after serving a two-year punishment in one of the cases against him.
The girl was rushed to a government hospital here, from where she was referred to Lok Nayak Hospital in Delhi.
Her condition is stated to be serious.
Police has initiated a probe to nab Momeen, who is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh