Minor girl raped in Agra
Agra: A 13-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by two youths in the Itmadudaulah thana area here, police said on Saturday.
According to a complaint filed by the victim`s relatives, the accused used to frequent the locality and picked up the girl on Saturday when she had gone to buy vegetables, and later allegedly raped her at the nearby Murshi forest, they said.
The girl was later found in a distraught condition at around 8:30 pm that day, at some distance away from her house, police said.
In the complaint, they also said that the girl was threatened by the accused of dire consequences if she reveled about the incident to anyone, police said.
The parents of the victim have also alleged that when they went to lodge a report at the Itmaduddaulah police station, they were turned away.
Later they met the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Vijay Singh Meena, on whose order, a case was registered against the youths, who are absconding.
The police have ordered medical examination of the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof